Can you believe that 2014 will be here in three days?!?! I feel like 2013 went by so fast, especially with everything that has been going on in my life. I’ll save that stuff for another post this is all about my personal style and hair! So here are my top fashion looks from 2013. I realized that I post more of my outfits on Instagram than I do here on the blog so follow me on Instagram (@HerGoodyBag) for more of my personal style looks!
From these collages you can tell that I like heels, bright colors, prints, and red lips. I tried to be more feminine and lady like in 2013 and I think I accomplished that. I wore a lot more dresses and skirts and I took risks with bold patterns in my shoes, skirts, and tops. I tried to “push the envelope” with how I put looks together. This may be safe for some people but I know the image I want to portray through my clothes and I accomplished that. I have never really embraced prints as much as I did this year and I want to continue to embrace prints in 2014. I think next year I will try to mix prints (wish me luck). I have feminine looks and sporty looks. I didn’t stick to a basic style or uniform, I have textures (fringe bag, leather and pony hair shoes, crochet cardigans), prints (skirts, pants, shoes, tops, and dresses), and I have lots of bold colors! I was definitely loving my style this year and I continue to see how my style evolves as I evolve.
Now for my hair….. lol
My sister made this collage for me on my birthday and posted it to Instagram. I sent her a text like wow I had this many hairstyles lol. Take a look at my 2013 Hair Chronicles
Here’s the written timeline of my Hair Chronicles
- January-Early March– my regular doobie wrap. My hair was about shoulder length.
- Mid March-May– I had a weave. I was hooked up by my friend from Day Care Cee (@YouCeeMe) and my 18-inch peruvian loose wave was on point. (See pictures in my favorite outfit collages)
- May-June- I had what I called the half-n-half. I had half cornrows and half-weave. My hair was done by African Hair Braiders. (See bottom right pic in collage)
- June-August– I went back to Keira (hair braider) and got waist-length box braids. I wanted them shorter but my hair had grown so much from the other protective styles I had to get them long.
- August-September- I rocked a faux natural Marley bun (See 2nd collage in the printed dress) and then I did my first 2013 texlax. I will update more about this process in 2013
- September-Now- I did my 2nd texlax in November. During the last 4 1/2 months I have been wearing my doobie wrap, clip-in extensions, or flexi-rod curls. I alternate between the doobie and flexi-rods the most. I only did the clip-ins for a short period of time. I trimmed my ends recently, but the last time I did a length check, I was probably a 1/2 an inch from APL/BSL (Armpit Length and Bra Strap Length). It depends on what you are using to measure.
Well this is my review of my fashion and hair for 2013. Stay tuned for my 2014 goals!