*Sigh* Later on this week the weather won’t get out of the 50s. That means it is really time to prep for the chilly weather that we will have for the next five months (March is never warm enough for me). Here are a few tips that I will follow to make sure that my skin is soft and supple during the chilly months.
- Purchase heavy lotions like Eucerin or cremes like NIVEA Creme. Creams and heavy lotion provide more moisture and better protection to prevent your skin from feeling and looking dry
- Use a hydrating soap or bodywash. When it says hydrating it’s adding more moisture. I like to apply a body oil right after while my skin is still damp to seal in my moisture then apply my creme/heavy lotion.
- Take care of your hands and nails. My mother always remind me that I have my father’s hands, meaning old and dried up, and she is right. I have to always moisturize my hands, and not only after my hands have been in water. Also, don’t forget about your nails. Not only will your hands get dry, but so will your nail bed and cuticles. So invest in a good cuticle oil.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen! The sun doesn’t stop shining in the fall and winter.
- Use a lip scrub and moisturizing lip balm frequently. I like the Mary Kay Satin Lips mask as my scrub. I have been using all NIVEA lip care products and I really love the lip butters because they are super moisturizing and leave my lips feeling so soft.
- Assess your facial cleansers and moisturizers. I change my moisturizers pretty frequently (every 3-4 months usually) because my face seems to get tired if I use the same products over and over. Now that it is getting cooler, I need a heavier moisturizer that won’t clog my pores, but won’t have my skin looking or feeling dry either. Also invest in hydrating masks as well to keep your skin looking and feeling fresh and vibrant.
What’s your routine when the weather changes?