Last week I featured Solange Knowles and Eve for a Style Files Post (click here to read) Well Kim asked for a look for less post with items similar to what Solange and Eve rocked. Instead of showcasing two or three looks I have over 100 items Under $100 that you can add to your wardrobe to achieve the looks of Solange and Eve.
So here are my tips for rocking neon and bright colors for the summer
1. Color block! Sometimes color blocking can be over done, but not when it comes to the summer. Pair complimentary colors that don’t over power each other. So rock a purple crop top, royal blue jeans, and a pink handbag.
2. Pair a solid top with printed bottoms. So if you aren’t a pro at color blocking, try working with a printed bottom. Whether it is a pair of printed pants or shorts, pair with a solid top in one of the colors in the prints. I would pair with the least dominant color to make it pop.
3. Shoes, shoes, shoes! So if you aren’t fond of rocking bold color apparel then gold bold with your shoes! Whether you are rocking a wedge, ballet flats, sandals, or pumps try a pair in hot pink, lime green, or neon orange to brighten up your look.
4. Accessorize! You can rock this trend in simple ways like with your handbag, sunglasses, and jewelry. I love the look of a white tank and white jeans with neon shoes and accessories. It’s perfect for the summer and spring.
5. Be confident! This is the most important tip! You will attract a lot of attention rocking these bright colors so own your look!
Here are over $100 items of apparel, shoes, and accessories…happy shopping!
This years “IT” color is green according to Pantone and celebs like Gabby Douglas, Jessica White, and Solange have taken note. Check out some great pieces under $50 that feature this vibrant and mood changing color.
Currently the most popular decorating color, green symbolizes nature. It is the easiest color on the eye and can improve vision. It is a calming, refreshing color. People waiting to appear on TV sit in “green rooms” to relax. Hospitals often use green because it relaxes patients. Brides in the Middle Ages wore green to symbolize fertility. Dark green is masculine, conservative, and implies wealth. However, seamstresses often refuse to use green thread on the eve of a fashion show for fear it will bring bad luck.
Source: Color Psychology
So check out some amazing pieces below
Spring and floral print go together like cereal and milk, peanut butter and jelly, do you get my drift? Floral print dresses can be worn to work, church, dancing, dinner, girls night out, etc., it just all depends on the style of the dress. The dresses I’m showcasing today only have one similarity, and that is they both incorporate flowers. One dress is more for a night out, while the other is more formal and would look amazing if paired with a blazer.
The pink floral print dress features and open back detail while the white is just a plain zipper. Both dresses are available at www.shophergoodybag.com
Check out the shop for more looks! Shop Her Goody Bag
One of the biggest trends for the spring is the pastel blazer. Pastels can be really difficult to wear for some people. I’ve created four looks to help you mix and match and with one of the seasons hottest pieces.
Click the image for purchasing information
Look #1 Pastel Blazer with Pastel Denim- it creates a fun look for the spring. You can even pair it with a pastel skater skirt or bodycon.
Look #2 Pastel Blazer with Floral Prints- this is a very flirty and feminine combo. Choose a dress in which the blazer would be the perfect complimentary color.
Look #3 Pastel Blazer with Neutrals- I paired a light pink blazer with a cream dress and paired it with floral print sandals. The softness of the colors creates a romantic feel.
Look #4 Pastel Blazer with Boyfriend Jeans- for this look I went super casual. The darker shade of blue lets the blazer be the focal point as well as the multi-colored ballet flats
Look #5 Pastel Blazer with Denim Shorts- This look is so versatile. It can be dressed up with a heel or wedge or dressed down with a flat sandal. Keep the accessories bright to help bring out the color.