Christmas is eight days away many people are still out and about trying to purchase gifts for family and friends. Large gifts are great, but you can’t forget about the stocking stuffers! These little trinkets are great ways to show your appreciation for your loved ones. So check out these options below and what’s even better is that everything is under $25! Happy Shopping!
Mercedes Benz Fashion Week has wrapped and besides attending shows and catching all of the street style, the next best thing would be all of the lounges. The Fashion Week lounges are literally lifesavers. They are located throughout the city and there are tons of perks like phone charging stations, computer stations to blog, food, drinks, hair and makeup touch ups, express manicures, massages, and you can even get a change of clothes. Sounds awesome right? It is! With running from show to show you just need time to breathe and regroup for the rest of your day.
So during fashion week, I had the opportunity to attend the Allure Magazine’s Press Lounge which was held at the Empire Hotel and it was truly an amazing experience. Not only did I get a chance to get a great manicure from Maybelline, I was also able to pick up a few fragrance samples from the designer fragrance bar, and get a great hand treatment from Bioxidea and more.
I learned about brands such as Da-Sein, Renzo + Kai, Stop Staring, and Crystal Icing for all of your bedazzled cell phone accessories. Renzo + Kai designs are amazing. They had the cutest cropped sequin jacket and this amazing beaded dress. Definitely a group of designers to watch. There were also makeup artists from Maybelline, aestheticians from Skin Medica for express facials, and hairstylists from Ricardo Rojas Salon on hand for those quick beauty touch ups.
Celebs like June Ambrose and Natasha Bedingfield also stopped by to check out the lounge as well. One of the highlights at the lounge besides the awesome services and products was the drink sponsor Teqava. Teqava is the first sparkling tequila. Yes there is now a sparkling tequila and it is DELICIOUS. The original flavor is so refreshing.
About TeQava (Source)
“This vibrant Tequila Cocktail has 100% Blue Weber Agave Triple Distilled Tequila and is new to the US Markets from Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. This is the First Premium Tequila Cocktail – Carbonated, Ready Mixed and Naturally Flavored. There is nothing artificial.
Silver Premium Tequilas are being mixed with fresh juices and aromatic herbs to create cocktails. The difference in flavor is immediately apparent. 100% Blue Agave Tequila is used in top shelf Plata or Silver version Tequila and is more complex and more vegetal in component than other grain spirits. After fermentation and distillation, it goes straight into the bottle.
TeQava is a mix of premium triple distilled Tequila and fruit infusion. The color is clear and the taste is an explosion of rich, roasted Agave, followed by a pleasing burst of juicy nectar in the finish.”
TeQava is the perfect drink for a girl’s night out. If you do not like hard liquor, this is perfect for you. The sweet sparkling flavor is not over powering, so if you are not a fan of “hard liquor” this is a must have.
Last Tuesday my long time friend fellow blogger Kim of Makeup by Kim Porter hosted our very first blogging event. It was a great success! We had an amazing time with our readers, fellow bloggers, family, friends, and sponsors.
Our guests were able to enjoy a candy and popcorn buffet from Huey’s Chueys Candy Boutique, express manicures sponsored by Diosa Nails and Shic Beauty Salon, wine and cocktails sponsored by Zico Coconut Water, hors d’oeuvres by Chef Shani of Chef 71ATe and Taste Buds. Shopping was provided by Natty Boutique and Kim provided beauty makeovers while I provided styling advice on upcoming trends and dressing for your body type.
All guests went home with great gift bags as well!
- Juicy Magazine provided our guests with their latest issue covering celebrity hair and beauty
- Mary Kay provided our guests with complimentary facials
- Miinto.com provided our guests with gift cards to shop their website
- SGB Vintage provided our guests with gift cards to shop their vintage boutique
- High Gloss Fashion Boutique provided our guests with discount codes up to 25% off
- Jamberry Nails provided our guests with samples
- Chouchounette Boutique provided some amazing soap samples as well.
- Our guests will also get a chance to set sail with Affairs Afloat Party Boats
Overall it was a great success and a great event. I would like to thank everyone who came out to support and all of those who made this event possible. Special thanks to Melissa of O So Chic, Rob, Camilla, David, Ian, Lloyd, Chanell, Mia, and Krystyna for their help with making sure the event ran smoothly. We really appreciate it! Check out some photos from the event.
Special Thanks to the photographer Kevin Hyde
More photos in the gallery!
Last week’s heat wave was just crazy. I love the summer just not at 98 degrees plus humidity. I prefer the temperature to be between 85 and 90 with low humidity. I know that is wishful thinking, but hey I have a right to dream. Right before the summer hits I make sure I have my arsenal of must have items. I am a pretty simple girl and low maintenance during the summer. I want to do as little work as possible when it comes to getting dressed, staying cool, and even applying makeup. So here are my must have items for the summer
1. Tinted Moisturizer- I rarely wear foundation in the summer. When it is really hot and I am doing a lot of walking it just melts off. Tinted moisturizer is light and gives you and even complexion with minimal coverage. I am using OCC’s tinted moisturizer and I love it.
2. Bronzer- We all want that Beyonce glow so I use bronzer to get just that. I have like 4 or 5 bronzers but my favorites would have to be Milani Baked Bronzer and Young Blood Lunar Dust
3. Sunscreen- I just raved about the Hawaiian Tropic silk hydration sunscreen. It moisturizes and protects. You can’t get any better than that
4. Oil Absorbing Sheets- I use e.l.f.’s absorbing sheets (you can’t beat $1) and they are great. I mainly get oily in my t-zone so I always have them on hand to erase the shine
5. Perfume/Body Splash- I love The Body Shops Love Etc…- I get tons of compliments whenever I wear it and it is so inexpensive. When I tell people what it is they are shocked. I also love Marc Jacob’s Daisy Eau So Fresh.
6. Wen Deep Cleansing Conditioner- My hair never lasts in the summer. I’m always sweating it out and it sucks. I usually do low maintenance hair styles like buns, bantu knot-outs, twist outs, etc. I wash my hair using Wen Deep Cleansing Conditioner and either let it air dry and do one of the styles listed above.
7. Lip Gloss with spf- Last week I raved about Hawaiian Tropic aloha kiss. It gives great shine and it also has spf. I pair the gloss with any lipstick and I am ready to go.
8. Misting spray- Avene Thermal Spring Water provides the perfect relief from those hot summer days. It also moisturizes your skin.
9. Bold and bright nail polish- Summer time is the perfect time to pull out all of the stops with your nails. So I go for neon pinks, oranges, yellows, greens, turquoise and more!
1. Sun glasses! I have tons of sun glasses in all shapes and colors. I love large glasses. I feel like Nicole Richie lol. Sun glasses are the perfect summer accessory- the protect you from the sun and the weirdos on the train trying to make eye contact
2. Tote bag/cross body bag- The tote bag is a necessity because I always carry my life around. It is large enough for some flat sandals, my makeup bag, wallet, water bottle, and just about everything else. The cross body bag is perfect for those spontaneous adventures where a large shoulder bag or tote isn’t necessary. It also forces you to pack light.
3. Maxi dress/skirt- These are the easiest things to throw on and they are so chic. I have dresses and skirts in a variety of colors and prints. This is always my go to outfit choice.
4. Denim shorts- when I don’t feel like wearing a dress I throw on some shorts a t-shirt or tank and depending on the occasion flat sandals or a wedge. You can never go wrong with a pair of denim shorts. Dress them up or down- it really doesn’t matter because they are classic.
5. Cute sandals and wedges- I do a lot of walking in the summer so high heels are out of the question in NYC, unless I’m going from car to chair lol. So I need my sandals to by fashionable and functional. I can strut around the city in a wedge because I get the height of a heel and the comfort of a flat so those are necessary as well.
6. Basics- t-shirts and tanks in all colors and prints. You can never have too many t-shirts or tank tops. If I find a style that fits me well I buy at least 3-4 in various colors. T-shirts and tanks are comfortable and can be paired with almost anything- denim shorts, boyfriend jeans, Bermuda shorts, maxi skirts, body con skirts, a-line skirts, harem pants, cropped pants- you get my drift? They can be dressed up with statement jewelry or worn with a simple necklace and earrings. I couldn’t get through the summer without these.
7. Casual sneakers/flats- I like to be adventurous and go to the park a lot during the summer. I may need to climb a few rocks, you never know so I always have a pair of casual sneakers, like converses or Tom’s handy.
This is my list. What are some of your summer must haves?
This seasons nail trends have something for everyone -from “nude” mani’s to bold, colorful artwork.
Check out the top nail trends for Spring/Summer 2012:
I am a bit obsessed with nails and am constantly on the look out for funky and unique patterns/artwork to try for my nails (I LOVE bold nails). There are so many blogs/tumblrs I follow for nail inspiration!
Check out some of my favorites looks of current nail trends from some of my go-to nail sites….
Here are some of my favorite nail sites:
Are you ladies feeling any of the current nail trends? Have you tried any out?