2012 was an amazing year for the blog. I want to start off by thanking all of my supporters and readers. Without you guys, this blog would not be here. A lot has happened in my life this year as well, but I must say that it was a year to remember. So here is a look at some of my top moments from 2012 and I thank you all again for all of your support and wish you and your families love, peace, joy, health, and wealth in the new year!
2012 Year In Review
1. 6pm.com Brandbassador- this probably had to be the highlight of 2012. This was my first MAJOR blog accomplishment. in 2011 I was a finalist for best Fashion and Beauty blog, but in 2012 my voice in the fashion blogosphere was recognized and I was selected out of 150 bloggers to be the first to represent the 6pm.com Brand!
2. FAB-ulously Chic event- One of my goals for the year was to host an event with my friend MUA/Beauty Blogger Kim Porter and July 24th at Shic by Soketah it became a reality. It took A LOT of work to pull off, but FAB-ulously Chic was a huge success. We collaborated with amazing sponsors like Juicy Magazine, Jamberry Nails, Zico Coconut Water and Fly Credentials Brand, Elleina D. Accessories to bring our readers awesome gift bags as well as amazing giveaways. We are already thinking of ideas for FAB-ulously Chic pt. 2 so stay tuned!
3. BlogHer Conference-this was my first official blogging conference and I had no clue what to expect. I have to thank Kitty Bradshaw and the ladies of O So Chic for making this a great experience. I was a BlogHer Newbie and was actually quite nervous on what to expect. I was able to meet and collaborate with some amazing brands and bloggers because of this experience. I stepped out of my “little shy shell” and marketed myself and my brand. I still have a lot of work to do, but one of my goals was to network this year and this conference allowed that to happen! I was also able to meet Badgley & Mishka which was just AWESOME!
4. NYFW (Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter) I was able to cover NYFW for two more seasons and it was again an amazing experience. Because of the various events I was introduced to amazing new designers and bloggers as well. I am looking forward to what February has in store for NYFW Fall/Winter 2013.
5. Various Events (Marshall’s/TJ Maxx OCC Preview, The Makeup Show, QVC Beauty Event, Effen Vodka, RedLight PR, Physicians Formula etc.) As a blogger I get invited to quite a few events out of the year and some I am able to attend others I am not. Some events are amazing, and others, well I could have saved the cute outfit for another day. But above are just a FEW of the highlights of the events I was able to attend this year. If you follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, you would have up to date coverage and access to the various events I attend.