Last night was the 2012 American Music Awards. While I didn’t get a chance to catch the full show, I was definitely tuned in for the Red Carpet. With the exception of the Grammy’s, for most music award shows celebs are less formal and traditional. Because music of the creativity that one is allowed to express through music, here is the chance to do the same thing with your style. Take a look at a few of the looks from last night.
- Kelly looked amazing in this printed dress. The design is so intricate and definitely a show stopper. Her shoe choice was perfect. She kept it simple and let the dress do the talking
- Jordin Sparks has an amazing weight loss story. Although I am not crazy about the design on the dress, the fit is amazing
- Brandy’s black and gold look made a lot of noise on twitter. Many people were on the fence about the entire look. I think the dress paired with different boots, or the boots paired with a different dress, she would have knocked the look out of the park
- It appears to be the year of the bangs. Christina showed off her curves in this very feminine ombre gown. I must say I love her hair. On the voice, the multicolored tips were a little distracting. This blunt bob is definitely a better choice
- Gwen Stefani graced the red carpet in this amazing printed jacket and black leather pants. The leather definitely shows that Gwen Stefani has a little edge, but the jacket is what pulls the look together.
- Taylor and Heidi both showed a lot of leg in gold/lace mini dresses. If you got flaunt it!
- Kerry Washington can do no wrong in my eyes. While this dress may be a little to elegant and sophisticated for this music event, she definitely stays true to her style
- I’m glad that Nicki Minaj was not in drag or some other strange costume. While I wish she did another pose and smiled, this is the best that she has looked in a very long time. It is toned down, but because of the vibrant color you still get a feel of her personality.